Literacy and learning start at birth.
Learning begins before birth and never stops. According to science and research, early childhood education can fundamentally improve the lives of children facing adversity. The actions you take early on to build a healthy family environment will make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
Learn more on "The Impact of Early Adversity on Children's Development"
View more educational videos from the Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University.
Vocabulary & Reading Matter
Help preschool children learn to talk about and handle their feelings while building language skills that will ensure their success in school.
Understand How Children Grow & Learn
Educational success begins at home. Learn how you can help your child get ahead, keep up, and thrive.
- Zero to Three
- Reading Rockets
- Boston Basics
- Brain Building in Progress
- How to Limit Kids' Tech Use
Don't Go It Alone
Seek out healthy friendships and supportive relationships with other parents.
- South Berkshire Kids | Lee, MA
- Community Health Programs (CHP) | Great Barrington, MA
- Community Family Engagement | Pittsfield, MA
- Coordinated Family & Community Engagement at Central Berkshire Regional School District | Dalton, MA
- Child Care of the Berkshires - Healthy Families | North Adams, MA
Find the Help You Need
Our community does care, and your child’s future depends on a healthier childhood for success.