The grant application process is now closed!
Berkshire United Way staff and volunteers will review applications to provide funding recommendations to the board for approval. Funding will support activities for community partners from July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024.
This year we are excited to pilot a general operating support funding model. BUW grants will not be restricted to specific programs, but can provide funding for organizations working within our three focus areas (early childhood development, positive youth development, and economic prosperity). We ask applicants to identify at least one of these focus areas in their application and agree to meet achievement goals related to that funding priority. Organizations are welcome to select multiple focus areas in the application and the maximum grant request per organization is $100,000.
Focus Areas and Examples of Achievement Goals
- Children in your program meet goals in social and emotional development.
- Children in your program meet goals in literacy.
- Youth in your program develop essential skills (e.g., critical thinking/problem solving, communication, and teamwork and collaboration).
- Youth in your program meet goals for developing a post-high school plan.
- Your program meets a goal for individuals achieving job-relevant licenses, certificates, and/or credentials.
- Your program meets a goal for helping individuals achieve employment opportunities or advance in current employment.
- Your program helps families achieve self-identified goals through referrals/services.
- Your program meets a goal for individuals to achieve an increase in their wages.
Berkshire United Way is directly supported by community members and businesses, and the total amount available for funding is based on the results of our annual campaign.
For application or e-CImpact assistance, contact Chloe Rychcik, Data Analytics and Training Manager, at email@example.com or 413-442-6948 x13. For additional questions, contact Katherine von Haefen, Director of Community Impact, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-442-6948 x20.
February 10: RFP process announcement
February 16: Information session #1, 10:00 a.m.
February 27: Information session #2, 3:00 p.m.
March 6: Deadline to submit draft proposal for feedback (optional)
March 9: Application assistance session, 11:00 a.m.
March 15: Application deadline
Mid-April through May: Volunteers review applications
June 15: Award notifications and contracts
July 17: Funding begins
Draft Proposal Review (optional)
This year we are offering people the option to send their draft proposals to BUW prior to the deadline comments and feedback. This is not required and will not influence grant award decisions.
Progress reports will be due twice a year at the six-month and end-of-year marks.
- The six-month progress report will be due Monday, January 15, 2024.
- The end-of-year progress report will be due Monday, July 15, 2024.
These reports will provide us with data that supports Berkshire United Way’s priorities and will highlight and celebrate all you do for our community. The reports also help us share your great work with donors, community leaders, and people throughout Berkshire County.