Did you know...?
- Less than 50% of our children in Berkshire County are reading proficiently by 3rd grade.
- Research shows that a child's vocabulary at age 3 can predict school success by age 9.
- The best way to learn WORDS is in EVERYDAY MOMENTS at home and in town.
The Word Project is an interactive game that engages families and the community in early childhood language development. The Word of the Month connects kids with their community where they learn the words that live in each place they visit.
Find the Word Project at the Triplex, Mason Library, and Great Barrintgon Police Department through November!
- Take a FREE Word Card
- Search for PRODUCE, talk about PRODUCE
- Receive a PRODUCE sticker
Take your Word Card home to learn more words in everyday moments.
Ways to get involved:
- Volunteer as a Word Coach, simply contact Amy Taylor and receive a Word Coach sticker to wear around town as you engage families in healthy conversation. Watch this short video to learn more.
- Host the Word of the Month at your location!
- Sponsor the Word Project and help prepare our children for success in school and in life.
Email Amy Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-442-6948 for details.
The word project is sponsored in part by: