When there are so many choices, why choose Berkshire United Way?
Leadership donor Rob Coco, vice president, agency finance – individual markets at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, gives to Berkshire United Way for a number of reasons. He gives “because the fortunes of our community rise and fall with the individuals in our community.” He gives “because Berkshire United Way has a proven track record of assessing a vast landscape of needs and bringing resources to bear on systemic issues and improving lives.” He gives “because I feel like a small part of a solution.”
Here are just a few more ways you will make a difference by giving to Berkshire United Way.
- You can help your friends and neighbors throughout the community:
“My financial coach helped me see possibilities and encouraged me through a job loss,
re-employment and even getting my taxes done. I learned how to use a computer.
I feel so blessed to be able to manage things on my own and provide a home and stability to my
family.” - recipient of financial stability services
- Berkshire United Way leads the effort in addressing three priority community issues: early childhood literacy, positive youth development and financial stability, the building blocks for a good quality of life.
- Berkshire United Way has established measurable goals in each of these areas
- 90% of Berkshire County 3rd graders will read proficiently.
- Berkshire County’s high school graduation rate will show a continuous upward trend.
- The percentage of Berkshire County families that are low-income will be reduced.
- Berkshire United Way maximizes your return on investment. Real people just like you help determine how donated dollars are invested. Community volunteers, along with our Community Impact team, spend hundreds of hours determining which programs best align with our strategies to achieve our community goals
- Berkshire United Way seeks lasting solutions to our communities’ most challenging issues.
- Berkshire United Way makes Berkshire County a community of hope and opportunity where every individual and family lives, works and thrives.
United Way’s Workplace Campaigns are about bringing people together where they work to tackle our community’s most challenging issues – because no one person or organization can do it alone.
It’s easier than ever to participate in building our community through employee payroll deduction – over 190 workplaces across Berkshire County participate in an employee charitable campaign that allows employees to maximize their gift throughout the year by giving an amount each pay period.
Workplace campaigns make supporting the needs of your local community painless and seamless, and when everyone gives, regardless of the amount, we are collectively investing in solutions that address our most challenging community concerns.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Workplace Campaigns, please contact Duffy Judge, Development Manager at 413-442-6948 x12.