Visit a Born Learning Trail...
The Born Learning Trail is a series of 10 interactive signs that offer fun, active learning activities for young childen and their families. It helps parents, caregivers and communities create quality engagement opportunities when out on a stroll or visiting a local playground.
There are currently four Born Learning Trails in Berkshire County.
- Springside Park in Pittsfield
- Durant Park in Pittsfield
- Muddy Brook Regional Elementary School in Great Barrington
- Bushnell-Sage Library in Sheffield
Find a Berkshire Book House...
Building strong families
- Knowledge of child development: Parents know how children grow and learn
- Social connections: Parents have friends
- Parental resilience: Parents can overcome hard times and rebound
- Concrete support: Parents know where to turn for help
- Child's social and emotional competence: children learn to talk about and handle their feelings
Watch a short video about using science to innovate in the early childhood field and fundamentally change the lives of children facing adversity.
Berkshire County Support Services
Coordinated Family and Community Engagement
South Berkshire Kids - Lee, MA
Community Family Engagement - Pittsfield, MA
Community Health Programs (CHP) - Great Barrington, MA