Fundraising Support Intern
REPORTS TO: Manager of Development
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Are you a current college student seeking a winter internship experience? Are you a self-starter with a passion for making a difference in the community?
The intern position for winter 2020 will have the opportunity to be part of a prestigious nonprofit organization that is serving the community. Berkshire United Way has long been recognized as being an integral part of the community. As our intern you will be able to see from the inside how we run workplace campaigns to fundraise. This internship will collaborate with multiple departments. This position is part-time from November 2020 to February 2021.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Data entry, report creation, spreadsheets and graphing of fundraising progress
- Basic accounting tasks
- Research and benchmark ideas for virtual fundraising events and then assisting in implementing them
- Assist Development and Marketing teams in the creation of customized web pages to allow local companies to pledge in a changing environment that is the new reality due to the COVID-19 virus
- Collaborate on messaging and materials for development, fundraising, and other campaigns as needed, including Community Impact data, digital brochures, and other materials
- Recent graduate or student currently studying English, Communications, Public Policy, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management or a related field in the Humanities or Social Sciences
- Interest in and/or some experience with nonprofits, human services
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Planning and time management skills with attention to detail
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and spreadsheets
- Must be reliable, a team player and willing to do other duties as assigned
Position is part-time. Please send cover letter, resume, and one professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested applicants should apply early as candidates will be considered on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until filled. EOE.
About Berkshire United Way
Ensuring Berkshire County is a dynamic, engaged community with opportunities for all.
Berkshire United Way ignites the collective power of individuals and organizations to build a stronger community together. We magnify your contributions to make lasting, positive change right here in the Berkshires. We are committed to supporting individuals and strengthening families where we live, work and play. We are Here For Good.
Based on solid research, three areas impact a positive trajectory for today’s children and youth – parental education level, economic stability and overall health. Similarly, children’s education and healthy development are also powerful catalysts for parental thriving. Learn more about this two-generation approach through Annie E. Casey Foundation’s report on Creating Opportunities for Families. Together, you can help make changes that will shape this community moving forward.
We believe in the people of Berkshire County. Therefore, we value building relationships, collaboration, results-driven decision-making, recognition of success and ongoing innovation.