What your gift provides
A sampling of where the money goes:
Donors to the Berkshire United Way campaign often ask the question:
“Where does my donation actually go?”
To be clear, a gift through your local campaign helps fund fully vetted programs that are held accountable for real results that will help our children succeed, ensure our teens make healthy decisions, and ultimately help our community thrive. We’ve been able to compile a small sampling of how the nearly $2 MILLION DOLLARS INVESTED IN BERKSHIRE COUNTY programs, activities, and partnerships actually creates sustainable change:
- $25 will provide 5 children with new books to enhance their summer reading efforts.
- $75 provides outreach and health counseling to two teens
- $100 provides Free Tax Prep, review and tax return submittal for two individuals through VITA
- $100 supplies educational materials for a local summer learning program.
- $150 provides coaching and work outfits for an individual transitioning back into the workforce
- $200 provides one student a week’s worth of early literacy programming at organizations like Pittsfield’s Marilyn Hamilton Literacy Sports program and Great Barrington’s Project Connect.
$5 PER WEEK ($260 A YEAR)
- Sponsors a child or teen for summer camp.
- Classroom supplies for two preschool classrooms for a year.
- Sponsors an alcohol-free youth event
- Funds a teacher to serve as a consultant and youth advisor for the SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) program in a local school
- Funds Crisis Intervention to prevent evictions, foreclosures, budget and problem solving access to other resources and begin a plan for long-term stabilization (Construct)
- Funds one recipient for financial coaching and budgeting (Habitat for Humanity)
- Supports a mentor to serve 9th grade at-risk students for a year
$1 A DAY ($365/YEAR)
- Enrolls a promising teen in the Young Woman in Science program for a year (Flying Cloud)
- Enrolls one youth in Connecting Activities Career Readiness Program (Berkshire County Regional Employment Board)
$10 PER WEEK ($520 A YEAR)
- A free book every month for five years for four children.
$25 PER WEEK ($1,300 A YEAR)
- A paid summer internship for high school student.
$50 PER WEEK ($2,600 A YEAR)
- One year of home visitation services for a family with a newborn.
- Utilities to keep 20 families warm through the winter (Community Connector).